When is a Manual Wheelchair the Best Choice?
If a cane or walker is not providing enough mobility, a manual wheelchair or lightweight wheelchair may be a viable option to consider. Making the transition into a wheelchair to aid in your mobility can be overwhelming, as there are lots of options available. Manual wheelchairs are ideal for people who:
- Have the necessary upper-body, arm, and hand strength to self-propel the wheels of the chair, and
- Have the balance necessary to sit upright in the wheelchair without relying on extensive back support.
How We Help
Our friendly and experienced staff will take the time to talk with you, understand your specific needs and make suggestions for the ideal wheelchair for you. You will be happy to know that we provide ongoing service and maintenance, which provides peace of mind that you and your chair will be well cared for, over time.
Contact us to discuss the possibilities available, including:
- Light Weight Manual Wheelchairs - At around 31 lbs., these chairs are "custom out-of-the-box" and are made of aluminum. Our highly-trained staff will make necessary adjustments for a perfect fit.
- Standard Manual Wheelchairs - At around 41 lbs, these chairs are designed for everyday use and are both comfortable and durable.
- Heavy Duty Manual Wheelchairs - When a weight-capacity in excess of 250 lbs is required, these chairs are the perfect fit.
With locations throughout Indiana and Georgia, our staff looks forward to assisting you with your home medical equipment needs.
You want insurance to cover your equipment?
If you would like your insurance to cover the equipment, please have your doctor send us a prescription. Our team will then work closely with insurance companies and physicians to verify coverage and handle the rest of the paperwork for you. Also, depending on your insurance requirements you may need to set up an appointment with your doctor to discuss your medical need for the equipment.
With decades of experience working alongside insurance providers and funding sources, we understand the ins, outs and ongoing changes of the insurance reimbursement process.
Why don’t you show pricing?
Pricing is determined by your insurance coverage, and our knowledgeable staff is here to help you understand your policy coverage and even submit necessary paperwork on your behalf. Simply contact us to have one of our professionals contact you or find the branch nearest you to get started.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, and hundreds of other insurance companies.