Need Something Short-Term? No Problem.
Going away for the weekend, or for an extended trip? If your home medical equipment needs are temporary, Home Health Depot has the right solution for you. Home Health Depot is the answer, with weekly or monthly cash rentals for all types of equipment, including:
- Knee Walkers*
- Portable Oxygen Concentrators
- Hospital Beds
Our short-term rentals on Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC’s) are FAA approved, for those traveling by airplane. Home Health Depot's short-term rental option alleviates your travel worries.
*Only available at select locations. Please call the nearest Home Health Depot for more info.
Travel Oxygen Top 5 Tips
- Planning is key. Don’t purchase an airline ticket without first knowing the oxygen policy of your preferred airline. Know that some airlines DO provide oxygen during some flights, not all. Know that the airline will only provide oxygen on the plane, NOT at the airport. A Gate Pass can be obtained for someone to escort a person using oxygen at the airport. Don’t be discouraged about having to setup arrangements for your travel oxygen needs. Traveling with oxygen can definitely be accomplished, with the proper planning.
- Always travel with a copy of your prescription for oxygen as well as any other medication. If you are in need of additional equipment, you will be ready. Be sure to have multiple copies, just in case.
- If you are relying on a company to deliver oxygen equipment to you when you arrive at a specific location at a specific time, be sure to get it in writing. Have a 24hr contact name and telephone number ready in case you can not locate equipment, or if additional service is needed.
- Be educated on the oxygen equipment that is available to you. If you are traveling internationally, know exactly what’s available to you and where to get it. In Italy, for instance, Liquid Oxygen is the most common equipment. When using a Portable Oxygen Concentrator, know that if you’re not plugged into a wall or car outlet, you must only rely on battery power. Having enough batteries for your trip is vital.
- Always consult your physician prior to traveling with oxygen. Flying and traveling to higher altitudes can affect the way you use therapeutic oxygen.